Friday, March 11, 2011

Uncertainty

No numbers yet on Hawaii, just that the first wave has reached the islands.

The San Francisco Chronicle says waves are expected 3 to 6 feet on the California coast.

It's about an hour and a half before waves are supposed to reach our coast and it's completely quiet out there, not a siren, nothing. The local newspaper's website is clueless. But I'm just as dumb. I don't even know the emergency radio frequency. I did catch one local radio station with generally no more information than I have but the implication that some local areas, including Samoa and Manilla (yes, those are local communities, not, ironically perhaps today, in the Pacific) are being or have been evacuated. Some schools have cancelled classes.

2 comments:

Fred Mangels said...

You didn't hear the tsunami sirens? I did, or at least I think that's what they were that went off around 4am ish.

Captain Future said...

I didn't hear any where I am, which is on pretty high ground just on the other side of 101 from HSU.