Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Elsewhere

Captain Toothpaste Returns

at Blue Voice.

Captain's Log at Soul of Star Trek.

UpDATe: 5/03: So I am in fact Elsewhere--in a cafe in western PA, and therefore safe and sound.

And soon, hours from now, I shall be Elsewhere, though where that might be is open to question. I'm supposed to be flying across the country, on what's forecast as a very stormy day. I've had a week disrupted by my bedroom being the site of destruction and construction, so I'm weak from lack of sleep, and since I carried those six boxes of fifty pound boards, my back hasn't been the same. So I'm setting out weakened and hurting for what looks like it well could be quite a trial. The last time I flew across country I wound up literally deaf for about a month from a cold and sinus infection that the airplane pressure made worse. I'm to be up at 5, flying out at 730 am, and scheduled to arrive at 9pm eastern, though that requires getting out of Arcata in the rain, into and out of San Francisco in the rain, into and out of Chicago where severe thunderstorms are forecast, and into Pittsburgh, where the thunderstorms should be coming with me.

Then supposing I arrive intact, there's the question of Internet service on the other end. So you may be dreaming up without me, whoever you are.

No comments: