Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Daily Babble

Sites and Sore Eyes

I finally got through all the labelling on this site--it still needs to be tweaked, but it's functional. I also pretty much learned how to work the new template features, so I converted this site and added all those links to the left, and the labels list way down the page. Just click on a label and you get all the posts on that topic... A lot of work to get there, and more sites to go, but it's a useful function.

I decided to do it partly because the function of my blogs seems more for reference rather than daily reading. There are a few of you who read it every day, and that's great. I'll probably keep posting nearly every day. But according to the site meter stats, the majority of hits come from topic searches.

The links reflect the emphasis that's settled in here. I believe that the Climate Crisis is going to dominate the forseeable future, and practically all issues are going to arise in that context. We're not noticing that yet, but within the decade, it's going to be clearer. So that's becoming the central issue on this site.

Much of the armed conflict in the world can be traced back, sooner or later, to resource issues, but a lot of violence and conflict arises from what we don't know about ourselves and each other, and from the ways we think, communicate and relate. There are issues specific to war and peace, conflict and resolution, that have to be addressed, no matter the reason for conflict. So I'm gradually building another blogsite dedicated to Skills of Peace. Again, I hope it will be useful simply for the links, and eventually the accumulation of pieces here and elsewhere that bear on the topic, and the central ideas: that making peace requires skills just as making war does, and that the range of skills required include what I categorize as inner, outer and interface skills.

I'm also inaugurating a blog as a companion to my North Coast Journal column, both called Stage Matters. I've been writing about theatre on other blogs, but I hope a dedicated site will make it easier to find.

The long list of my blogs makes me a little uncomfortable, as well as pretty tired. Some seem to be fading away, while others have a future if not much of a present. In some of them--nearly all of them--I intend to have fun, as well as be hopefully useful.

No comments: