Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Climate Crisis

Who's Paying? Who Will Pay?

Another week, another scientific study (this time by the National Academy of Science)showing the planetary temperature trending higher than in thousands of years. And another revelation (this time in the journal Nature) that the Bush adminstration suppressed science that doesn't jibe with its big money authoritarian agenda--this time by deep-sixing a study within the federal government linking more and fiercer hurricanes to global heating.

You can imagine how the Climate Crisis Deniers and other neocons are reacting to this. Actually you don't have to--Steven D at Bootrib tells you. Same old story.

So what's new? Maybe this trend: trying to hold the Climate Crisis Deniers accountable, first of all by identifying them and who is paying for it. Here's an article about Exxon-Mobil's efforts in the UK, and the implication of our old friend of Truth, the Philip Morris tobacco company.

It's clear to this little blog that some big money is being poured into Climate Crisis denying in the U.S. I'm getting regular emails from one of the bigger DC operations, out of the office of the Senate's Denier in Chief, James Inhofe, the chairman of the Senate Environment and Fossil Fuel Corporation Advancement committee. For them to find my email address and clutter my inbox tells me they've really got money to burn.

I've begun to suspect that some if not most if not all of the Deniers who show up here in the comments are paid to do so. Well, I have yet to make a nickel on this blog but I'm not going to stop advocating for the future. I'd like to see Climate Crisis Deniers identify who is paying for them. But I know who is going to pay for what they are doing: everyone in the future.

No comments: