Monday, June 19, 2006

The Daily Babble

It's gotten so I have to remember to wear earphones when I go into a video store or I can't stay for more than a few minutes. Why do they have to play their movies or music so loud? First of all it's impossible to hear yourself think in order to make a selection when you're attacked by whatever plot line and noise is filling the store, even if it's something you'd like if you were actually watching it. My last visit it was beyond distraction--it was so loud it was physically painful.

And would it kill them to clean the DVDs once in awhile? Okay I know they're paid appallingly little, so the least they can do is with every fifteen DVDs you rent, you get a free bottle of disk cleaner. I have to use the stuff on most of the DVDs I rent.

So this isn't the usual high-minded stuff you're used to around here, but I'm not about to whine about North Korea testing a longrange missile when my unesteemed government bullies everybody who can't threaten it, and this country's leading industry, next to garbage, is arms sales. Not that the present DC regime is going to lose sleep over losing California to a North Korean nuke.

No comments: