Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Random Notes

Yesterday began with the effects of a stopped drain and a leaky faucet, a combination I don't reccommend, and ended with a thunderstorm. It was a big one, sustained thunder and lightning and heavy rain. I mention it because I haven't experienced a storm like this in Arcata since I arrived here in the fall of 1996. We simply don't get thunderstorms. This one was like a summer storm in Pennsylvania. I felt a time and place displacement, adding to the impact of all that booming and bright light at 3 am or so.

My contribution to a group article in the North Coast Journal will cut into my blogging time for the next day or two. It is an article on blogging, and I'm to write about my experience. A three and a half years, I'm not quite a pioneer but I guess I'm a veteran.

Several recent posts here were eventually frontpaged at E Pluribus Media.

Susanhu has a roundup of media reaction to Al Gore's speech at the Booman Tribune.

1 comment:

Fred Mangels said...

Certainly thunderstorms aren't all that common here, but we do get them every now and then. I kind of enjoy them as I like unusual weather but still have to admit to finding them a little bit frightening when you get the big BOOM!